Monday, April 10, 2006

Paulo Flores

Angola's riches are not just diamonds and oil...

Whatever happened to all the Paulo Flores albums? Here in his hometown I am searching in vain for his early work. The old crooner managed to get a nomination for a local award, but apart from that there is no sign of him. I was hoping to post the lyrics to "Minha Velha" and I am dammed if I can remember them.

Why the lyrics? The poem in the previous post is about moving on before the world catches up with you. "Minha Velha" is about standing still whilst the world leaves you behind. One the son's perogative the other the mother's fate?

Does anybody out there know where to get this early Flores album? I can't remember the name (re-encontros I think). Around 1993. Includes the numbers "Bailarinha", "Sarrabulho" and "Minha Velha".

Does anyone want to swap it for my Neil Diamond collection? [irony]

A Google search provokes no replies; the early nineties are pre-www and pre-digital music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home